Announcement

Collapse

Fandango Forum Guidelines

Fandango Forum Guidelines

The Fandango are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango experience. Here, Fandango customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango Streaming and Fandango Streaming related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango Streaming service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango products and services should be directed to Fandango customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.

Fandango will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango products and services should be directed to Fandango customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU site states Password Reset Required

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LocN
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Originally posted by swiss21 View Post
    Is it all accounts or only select accounts impacted? I logged in and saw no prompt nor received any email.
    Did you login with Facebook profile? If so you might not ever set VUDU password, therefore there is no password to reset. However, you can use the option "Forgot password" to receive an email to reset VUDU password.

    Thanks,
    LLN

    Leave a comment:


  • LocN
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Originally posted by Vidfreek View Post
    Any time I try to log in with my facebook account, it tells me my password needs reset, so I click reset and it instantly fails and says it cant be done and to contact customer support, I changed my password on Facebook as that is what I used to access Vudu but that didn't do anything either, it still wants me to reset it and I cant seem to do that.....is there any other way?

    Thanks
    I am not sure why it's failed. However I just triggered a password reset request sent to your email address. Please check your email.

    Thanks,
    LLN

    Leave a comment:


  • LocN
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Originally posted by PANICkedMULE View Post
    I reset my password and followed the given instructions, but I couldn't find any information on the AllClear identity theft offer...I followed the instructions in the FAQ. No luck. Could someone please provide a link, or better explain where the information can be found. Thanks
    Please check the page below and look for the "Use PLUS" with Redemption code.
    https://my.vudu.com/MyAccount.html?page=info
    Thanks,
    LLN

    Leave a comment:


  • LocN
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Originally posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
    It has been 10 hours since the first request and a couple of hours since the second. I have tried several more times this morning, nothing else I can do at this point until Vudu does something from their end. I even tried the forgot password request which didn't get a response either. My girlfriend requested a reset last night and immediately got an email back and was able to set up a new password.
    Chris,

    Please PM me your email address which you registered with VUDU. I will check the system for the error.
    In addition please check your spam/junk folder to see if the emails land there.

    Thanks,
    LLN

    Leave a comment:


  • E55KEV
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    article on TV Predictions - http://www.tvpredictions.com/vudu041013.htm

    Vudu Offices Burglarized; Passwords Taken

    Washington, D.C. (April 10, 2013) -- Vudu revealed yesterday that its Santa Clara, California offices were broken into on March 24 and hard drives containing customer information such as encrypted passwords, dates of birth, postal addresses and e-mail addresses were stolen.

    The video streaming service, which is owned by Wal-Mart, says no full credit card numbers were taken because the data bases only hold the last four digits of the member cards. However, Vudu urged users to re-set their passwords at Vudu.com and be cautious about using the same sign-in and password at any other site.

    To emphasize the importance of caution, Vudu is offering members a one-year free subscription to the identity theft protector, AllClear ID.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Gerhard
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    It has been 10 hours since the first request and a couple of hours since the second. I have tried several more times this morning, nothing else I can do at this point until Vudu does something from their end. I even tried the forgot password request which didn't get a response either. My girlfriend requested a reset last night and immediately got an email back and was able to set up a new password.

    Leave a comment:


  • Blurayfan
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Originally posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
    I requested a password reset last night and have not received an email in response. I tried again this morning and still haven't received a response. I did check the junk email folder. I think I have logged in using Facebook and my Vudu.com user name and password historically but can't do either now.
    When I did my password reset, it was a good ten minutes before the email was received.

    Leave a comment:


  • Chris Gerhard
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    I requested a password reset last night and have not received an email in response. I tried again this morning and still haven't received a response. I did check the junk email folder. I think I have logged in using Facebook and my Vudu.com user name and password historically but can't do either now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cathy
    replied
    Who to contact? Why did it take so long to inform customers?

    I am pretty upset about this. I am only just now seeing the email, and it looks like it took Walmart/VUDU almost a month to let customers know about this?

    I would really like an explanation. Who can I contact direct by phone, or write to about this. That is enough information to do some real damage to anyone. Even if it is only the last 4 numbers of your CC, they have all your other legitimate info, and we were not informed in a timely manner to quickly change passwords. What the hell?

    Cathy

    Leave a comment:


  • PANICkedMULE
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    I reset my password and followed the given instructions, but I couldn't find any information on the AllClear identity theft offer...I followed the instructions in the FAQ. No luck. Could someone please provide a link, or better explain where the information can be found. Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Jimmer
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    The reports seem to show that only the passwords were encrypted, not the rest of our data such as date of birth, home address, etc. If this is the case it's shameful on Vudu's part. Encryption has matured to the point that even the FBI and NSA are complaining that they are unable to break passwords of today's confiscated laptops from criminals. ALL of Vudu's customer data should have been encrypted with schemes that many of their own customers employ every day on their own devices that would have offered ironclad protection against such nonsense. It's not hard to encrypt drives and should be impossible to decrypt them in 2013 (again - per the Feds). Total lazy, 1990's amateur-hour over there at Vudu.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vidfreek
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Any time I try to log in with my facebook account, it tells me my password needs reset, so I click reset and it instantly fails and says it cant be done and to contact customer support, I changed my password on Facebook as that is what I used to access Vudu but that didn't do anything either, it still wants me to reset it and I cant seem to do that.....is there any other way?

    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Drrhein
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Why did you change the password rules?? I can't come up with a password, I can possibly remember, that your system will accept. Crazy!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Blurayfan
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Originally posted by swiss21 View Post
    Is it all accounts or only select accounts impacted? I logged in and saw no prompt nor received any email.
    This impacts accounts that have a user ID and password on VUDU.com. Accounts that log in through Facebook or Walmart should not be impacted.

    Leave a comment:


  • swiss21
    replied
    Re: VUDU site states Password Reset Required

    Is it all accounts or only select accounts impacted? I logged in and saw no prompt nor received any email.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X